In a room that's used for preparing food, serving snacks and everyday meals, maintaining organization is essential. Knowing exactly where kitchen accessories are located makes cooking — and dining — stress free and fun. Use these tips to help you organize your kitchen.
1. A chalk board can take the place of art and provide a useful tool to stay organized.
2. Shelves are underutilized options for kitchen accessories. A low shelf beneath an island holds large, heavy items. An open shelf over the stove is both functional and decorative, especially when filled with a collection of favorite bowls and pitchers that can be put into service when needed.
3. Larger items like dishes, cookware and serving pieces can be stored in closed or glass-fronted drawers and cabinets. Be sure to arrange your dishes by color or size for a clean and cohesive look.
4. Try storing flatware and dishes directly on the countertop in attractive containers. This keeps everything you need easily within reach and also represents your personal style.
5. Carefully crafted metal spice rack, like our Rotary Spice Rack, attractively displays your favorite seasonings. Sort wooden spoons, spatulas and other cooking tools in sturdy countertop containers.
6. To add more personality to your kitchen, keep favorite cookbooks on display and look for dishcloths embellished with rich patterns and colors.