Butter Lettuce with Mango, Goat Cheese
and Mighty Mint Vinaigrette
Perfect for a springtime brunch, this salad puts the light, bright feel of the tropics on the plate. If you're in the mood for some additional crunch, top with a handful of banana chips for a whimsical, great-tasting garnish.
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup firmly packed fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon plus one teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups lightly packed torn butter lettuce leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup roughly chopped mango
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts, roasted, salted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions, both white and green parts
- 3 tablespoons mighty mint vinaigrette
Preparing the Vinaigrette: Combine the olive oil and mint in a blender and blend until pureed, about 15 seconds. Add the vinegar, mustard, honey, kosher salt and pepper to taste and blend until just incorporated, about 5 seconds.
Preparing the salad: Put the lettuce in a large bowl and season lightly with kosher salt and pepper to taste. Add the mango, macadamia nuts, goat cheese and green onions, and toss with enough vinaigrette to coat. Serve immediately.