Mary's Bloody Marys
Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford have shared these great brunch recipes from their book, Bride & Groom First & Forever Cookbook. Each is delicious, easy to make and perfect for enjoying with guests at any brunch occasion. Watch our video with Barber and Whiteford for great ideas on choosing the right foods to please a crowd and organizing a party that's enjoyable for everyone.
- The tried-and-true brunch standard gets a new twist when your favorite Bloody Mary mix meets Clamato, a zesty tomato juice lightly infused with clam broth. You can also trade in the classic celery stalk for a tart dill pickle spear, a pickled green bean or a stalk of pickled asparagus.
- 2 cups Bloody Mary mix
- 1½ cups Clamato juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- lime wedges for salting rims
- 8 ounces vodka
- 4 celery stalks with leaves
Preparation: Combine the Bloody Mary mix, Clamato juice, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce in a medium pitcher. Season with pepper to taste. Refrigerate if time permits. Put the celery salt in a shallow bowl. Rub the rims of four glasses with a lime wedge and dip them into the salt. Fill each glass with ice and two ounces vodka. Pour in the Bloody Mary mixture, and garnish each with a leafy celery stalk.