- Remi Pillow Cover $29.50 Sale $19.99
- Martina Pillow Cover $29.50 Sale $19.99
- Belle Embroidered Pillow Cover $79.50 Sale $49.99
- New York Scarf Print Pillow Cover $44.50 Sale $24.99
- Florida Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $24.99
- Venice Scarf Print Pillow Cover $49.50 Sale $29.99
- Australia Scarf Print Pillow Cover $49.50 Sale $29.99
- Elephant Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $24.99
- Bird Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $24.99
- Floral Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $24.99
- Cat Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $19.99
- Crane Scarf Print Pillow Cover $39.50 Sale $19.99
- Cesca Print Pillow Cover $49.50 Sale $29.99
- Lily Botanical Print Indoor/Outdoor Lumbar Pillow $39.50
- Garden Bouquet Botanical Print Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50
- Blue Blossom Botanical Print Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50
Looking to spruce up any room in your home? The magic word is pillow. A pillow or throw can accent plain couches and bedspreads; then voila, your living room will feel transformed. Decorative pillows come in many shapes, sizes, colors, and textures. Play around with your options to find the style that best matches your personal taste.
Here are four quick ways pillows can liven up your home.
Craft Your Own
If you're feeling super creative, make your own! A custom pillow is a fun and expressive way to treat yourself. You can purchase gorgeous pillow covers and find the right stuffing to fill it in with personalized fluff and texture. A 20x20 sized pillow is the most common and a polyester blend or any other synthetic fabric can be easy to manipulate. Bring your friends over and compare your pillow creations.
Colors and Textures
A simple pillow or throw can give a guilt free nudge to people with a more conservative taste in interior design to get out of their solid only comfort zone and spice up their space. Dress up the drab and enjoy pops of colors; like gold and purple. Mongolian faux fur, ruffles, Mina Victory, beading and embroidered pillows all create a nice contrast to a simple two-dimensional couch or bed. Don't forget to use a throw or two as decorative accents. Most pillows can always be found on sale if you're open and willing to try new things. It's fun to get out of your comfort zone and put things together that you would have never considered before.
Pillow Size Does Matter
An accent pillow brings extra personality when you throw in different shapes and sizes. Get inspired by a photo collage, with pictures and moments scattered and cut into fun shapes and sizes. From a heart-shaped pillow to an oblong pillow, or pillow cover, the world is your oyster.
It's obvious you can go nuts with pillows in the bedroom and living room, but what about your kitchen? Is the floor covered in those ugly tiles your landlord won't replace? Try a new rug with colorful accessories to tie things together. A little bit goes a long way in the kitchen, and if you're happy with the new look, it's a victory for you and your landlord.
For more inspiration, just keep thinking outside the pillow.