- Arlington Persian-Style Rug $299 – $1,599 Special $269 – $1,439
- Eva Persian-Style Rug $299 – $1,599 Special $224 – $1,199
- Nolan Persian-Style Rug - Neutral $299 – $1,599 Special $179 – $959
- Malika Persian-Style Rug $219 – $1,429 Sale $131 – $857
- Nolan Persian Rug - Gray $299 – $1,599 Special $179 – $959
- Bryson Persian-Style Rug $299 – $1,599 Special $179 – $959
- Mila Persian Rug $199 – $1,059 Special $179 – $899
- Channing Persian-Style Rug $299 – $1,599 Special $224 – $1,199
- Brandon Persian-Style Rug $219 – $1,429 Special $131 – $857
- Franklin Persian-Style Rug $219 – $1,429 Special $131 – $857
- Elham Persian-Style Rug $199 – $1,299 Special $179 – $1,169
- Leslie Persian-Style Rug $199 – $1,399 Special $179 – $1,259
- Corrina Persian Rug - Ivory/Black $499 – $1,499 Special $299 – $899
- Arlo Persian Rug - Red $399 – $1,199 Special $359 – $1,079
- Bryson Persian-Style Rug - Red $399 – $1,599 Sale $229.99 – $1,199.99
- Thyme Persian-Style Rug $199 – $1,059 Special $149 – $794
- Fallon Persian-Style Printed Rug - Neutral $499 – $1,499 Special $449 – $1,349
- Maren Persian-Style Rug $199 – $1,059 Special $149 – $794
Oriental Rugs & Persian Rugs
From the most ornate palaces to cozy artist’s cottages, Oriental rugs and Persian rugs are a fixture of comfortable, well-designed living spaces. Adding one of these beautifully patterned, colorful rugs to your home can give your dwelling a refined and inviting ambience. With Pottery Barn’s selection of Oriental and Persian rugs, you can bring home a luxurious decorative item that reflects the iconic design of centuries-old artistic traditions from Asia and the Middle East. Best of all, your ideal rug is within easy reach with no plane ticket or time machine required. All you have to do is shop for the best shape, size and color for your home.
The rugs in this category can fit in well in just about any space, from a laid-back living room to a glamorously elegant foyer. Thanks to the wide range of available colors and patterns in this category, you can select a rug to serve as a statement piece or focus on more restrained designs that provide the perfect complement to a room that’s adorned with a variety of different patterns and colors. We offer Oriental rugs & Persian rugs in colors ranging from staid, neutral gray to subtle blue and bold, deep red. Choose the color that best appeals to your unique taste and makes the best companion to the other items in your room.
For rooms without much furniture, such as dining rooms or entryways, Oriental rugs & Persian rugs provide the ideal decor anchor to add a pop of color and drama to the space without overwhelming it. Our traditionally patterned Oriental and Persian rugs have enough panache to anchor a room and do most or all of the embellishment on their own. You can enhance their effect by pairing them with coordinating decorative accents, such as wall art that picks up some of the rug’s colors or curtains with a similar pattern type. If you choose your pieces carefully, you can create a decorative look that is both eclectic and polished.
Oriental and Persian rugs can pair well with other types of rugs, too, especially in large spaces that can use some definition. For example, if you have a spacious living room or live in a chic loft apartment, you can use one of the rugs in this category with some of our minimalistic contemporary rug styles to create a cohesive look that uses similar design and pattern elements throughout. If you really love the look of our Oriental and Persian rugs, don’t hesitate to use more than one in a single room for a lush and dramatic effect.
However, you choose to use your new Oriental or Persian rug, you can have confidence that you’re purchasing a beautifully designed item crafted with the utmost care. Many of these rugs are handcrafted by skilled artisans who employ rug-making traditions that have been celebrated for generations. Although there are stylistic and procedural nods to tradition, these rugs also benefit from updated detailing, including latex backings and clever bindings that keep the rug in place and prevent structural issues, such as curling edges. The combination of time-honored craftsmanship and smart, modern engineering results in Oriental and Persian rugs that are built to last, allowing you to enjoy them for years to come.
While our Oriental rugs and Persian rugs are plush and equipped with useful anti-skid protective features, it’s a good idea to add a rug pad to your purchase. Our cushy rug pads add additional plushness to the rugs and help keep them in place, which adds to the enjoyment you will experience when you step on your rug. Even if you find your rug plenty comfortable and plush on its own, a rug pad will help extend the life of Oriental rugs and Persian rugs by protecting them from wear and reducing friction where the rug makes contact with your floors.