- Kara Custom Sisal Rug - Cardamom $54 – $3,328
- Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug - Heathered Taupe $159 – $949
- Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug - Gray $159 – $949
- Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug - Blue Smoke $159 – $949 Sale $94.99 – $549.99
- Mae Diamond Tufted Rug - Smoke $199 – $899 Special $199 – $664
- Mae Diamond Tufted Rug $199 – $899
- Henley Rug - Ivory $159 – $949 Special $119 – $709
- Henley Rug - Taupe $159 – $949 Special $119 – $709
- Henley Rug - Gray $159 – $949 Special $119 – $709
- Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug - Charcoal $159 – $949
- Howell Handloom Rug - Gray $199 – $999 Sale $78.99 – $398.99
- Hotel Bordered Rug - Navy $219 – $1,059
- Hotel Bordered Rug - Gray $219 – $1,059
- Dalton Shag Rug - Ivory $299 – $1,199 Sale $178.99 – $658.99
- Sheepskin Rug $99 – $199
- Sheepskin Rug - Gray $199 Sale $119.99
- Chunky Wool & Jute Rug - Natural $219 – $889
- Chunky Wool & Jute Rug - Gray $219 – $1,059
- Color-Bound Natural Sisal Rug - Chino $59 – $659 Sale $39.99 – $659
- Heathered Chenille Jute Rug - Natural $159 – $899
- Round Jute Rug - Natural $179 – $299
- Chenille Jute Basketweave Rug - Gray $159 – $699
- Chenille Jute Basketweave Rug - Natural $159 – $699
- Solid Sisal Rug - Tweed $119 – $529
- Color-Bound Earth Sisal Rug - Chino $119 – $659
- Color-Bound Natural Sisal Rug - Black $119 – $659
- Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Natural $119 – $529
- Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Espresso $119 – $529
- Solid Sisal Rug - Linen $119 – $529
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Natural $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Indigo $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Gray $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Espresso $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Cardinal Red Special $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Black $28 – $1,456
Solid Color Area Rugs
From protecting beautiful hardwood floors to providing soft, warm surfaces for bare feet, rugs add a lot of utility and comfort to your home. But their usefulness is about form in addition to function; a bright rug can add a much-needed pop of color to a room adorned with subtle neutrals or an anchoring effect to a room with a variety of different colors and patterns on display. Pottery Barn’s solid color area rugs are a great option for any decor scenario, whether you want to keep your room monochrome and restrained or you simply need a little bit of color without additional pattern. From entryways and bathrooms to bedrooms and formal dining rooms, these rugs fit in anywhere.
Use your solid color area rug as an alternative or complement to a patterned rug of any kind. If you have a particularly beloved patterned rug that you want to let shine in a room that could use a few more rugs for comfort, a solid rug in a shade that matches colors from your printed rug could be the perfect choice. You can also opt to use solid color area rugs in a few different shades or tones in order to add some variety to a room without making too loud of a decorative statement. If you want to incorporate just a subtle bit of aesthetic variety into your room, choose one of our solid rugs with delicate design accents such as contrast trimming or textural variations.
Whether you choose a rug in a completely uniform color and texture or you opt for one of our solid color area rugs with slight tonal embellishments in a single color, you'll find it easy to place these rugs in a room that’s already designed. If you have brightly patterned curtains in your living room, for example, you may want to choose a solid-colored rug that picks up a color from the curtains to introduce color consistency and create a cohesive arrangement. If you’d like, build your room around a solid color area rug that really speaks to your taste. These versatile rugs allow for many different decor approaches.
The rug you choose can have a major impact on the look and feel of the room you place it in, so it pays to be deliberate and cautious about your choice. One way to ensure you end up with the right item is to measure the space where you want to put your rug. Think about items such as dining chairs that may move and expand the actual area where you want the rug to go. A rug that is large enough to cover the area of the dining table when the chairs are all pushed in but not large enough to cover the area of the dining table when the chairs are pulled out may create problems for diners, including an uneven seating surface and difficulty scooting the chair’s hind legs over the edge of the rug for better seating.
Once you select your solid color area rug in the right size and your favorite colorway, there’s one more step to consider before placing the rug on your floors. Rug pads are an indispensable accessory to serve as a foundation between the rug and your floor; even if the rug you choose has an anti-skid coating on its back side, a rug pad adds additional protection and comfort. Our rug pads are available in a variety of cushy styles that keep the rug in place and help protect both the rug and your floors from wear and tear. Our thick rug pads also help provide an extra cushy feeling underfoot, making them a great choice to add to rugs in any part of your home, from your kitchen to your hallways.