Abbott Island and Hutch
The rugged, casual look of concrete is paired with hand-finished acacia to provide the perfect backdrop for outdoor entertaining. Ready to roll into action at your next barbecue, our island and hutch offer storage and prep space. The bronze-finished towel bar and built-in bottle opener, plus locking wheels, add style and functionality.
HOW IT’S CONSTRUCTED
- Base is crafted of solid acacia wood.
- Top is made of durable concrete that's sealed for maximum weather resistance.
- Kiln-dried wood and mortise-and-tenon joinery provide superb strength and durability.
- Hand finishing and natural highs and lows make each piece unique.
DETAILS YOU’LL APPRECIATE
- Island is fitted with a cast-iron double towel bar on one end and four hooks and a bottle opener.
- Island is set on casters for mobility and has a slatted shelf.
- Touch-up kit available to conceal minor scratches, worn edges and other imperfections (sold separately).
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Includes adjustable levelers for uneven floors.
- Dimensions & Care
- Overall: 50" wide x 28" deep x 66" high
- Overall: 47" wide x 13" deep x 30" high
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Overall: 50" wide x 28" deep x 36" high
- Top: 50" wide x 28" deep x 1.5" thick
- Apron: 6" high
- Towel Bars: 2
- Hooks: 4
- Bottle Openers: 1
- Shelf Interior: 42" wide x 20" deep x 18.5" high
- Clearance Under Shelf: 10"
- Caster (4): 4" wide x 2.5" deep x 5" high
- Distance Between Legs: 42" side to side; 20" front to back
- Top weight capacity: 358 pounds
- Shelf weight capacity: 304 pounds
- Weight: 131.5 pounds
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
While weathering and color variation over time is natural for outdoor wood furniture, we recommend the following care for best results:
- Store wood furniture indoors out of season. Make sure furniture is completely dry before storage.
- Cover wood furniture with outdoor covers (sold separately) when left outside during inclement weather or when not in use.
- Wipe spills with a clean dry cloth.
- Avoid the use of harsh cleaners and abrasives.
- Click to read an article on recommended care
- Want to learn how to refinish your outdoor furniture? Watch this helpful video.
LONG TERM CARE
- To revive weathered furniture, sand and clean the wood to remove all debris and previous treatment. You may then apply any deck stain in the color of your choice. Note that two coats are required to achieve your desired color.
- For best results, follow surface preparation and application instructions provided on staining product. To find a selection of stain colors and additional product details, visit our partners at Sherwin-Williams
- Shipping & Returns
In-stock items will usually ship within 7-10 business days for the cities listed below:
- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, New York City, Baltimore, Boston, Cromwell, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Tampa, Fort Meyers, Orlando, Miami, Fort Lauderdale. For other areas, your items will be delivered within 2-3 weeks.
White Glove Delivery
- With White Glove Delivery, items are brought into your home, most are unpacked and assembled*, and the packaging is removed. White Glove delivery is only available in the contiguous 48 states.
- Delivery is by appointment Tuesday – Saturday in most major metropolitan areas, with Monday delivery available in some areas. Service to outlying areas may be restricted based on geographic location. Our delivery service will contact you to arrange a delivery date and confirm the appointment timeframe.
*Exceptions include outdoor patio structures, marble or stone sink consoles, lighting, mirrors, rugs, headboards attached to a metal frame and any items requiring home installation or wall mounting.
Select oversized items have an additional delivery and processing surcharge; this charge is listed below the item price.
View the complete Shipping and Delivery Information page.
You can return eligible item(s) within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made to Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
Easy Ways to Return:
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local Pottery Barn store for free.
- Bring to UPS Location (under 70 lbs) – See our full Easy Returns Policy to start the process.
Items non-eligible for returns or exchanges:
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
Questions? See our full Easy Returns Policy.
Island & Hutch
- Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery
- Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery