Blackout Curtain Liner
Earn $25 back in rewards* for every $250 spent with your Pottery Barn Credit Card.Learn More
Transform any set of drapes into blackout drapes with our durable Blackout Drape Liner. The thick, polyester-cotton weave blocks light, making it easier to sleep no matter how brightly the sun shines. As an added benefit, blocking sunlight protects delicate fabrics from fading. The rugged fabric also absorbs noise to give you a more peaceful home life. The dense liner insulates against heat and cold to enhance your home’s energy efficiency. Our Blackout Drape Liner is designed to be versatile and provide effective layering. Hang it from the built in pole pocket or convert it to hang with rings or clips. The dimensions measure 4" narrower and shorter than standard drapery. This ensures that you won’t see the liner peeking out from behind the drapes, giving your window treatments a sleek appearance. Enjoy all the benefits of blackout drapes without giving up your signature style.
- Our Blackout Drape Liner is 4" shorter and narrower to fit neatly behind drapes.
- Convertible design allows you to hang from the integrated pole pocket or rings.
- Absorbs noise and insulates against heat and cold for a quieter, more comfortable home.
- Made from a polyester-cotton blend (67% poly/33%cotton).
- Each panel measures 46" wide. Lengths range from 40" to 120"
- Sold as a single panel.
- Watch a video on how to hang a drape.
- Dimensions & Care
- Each panel is 46" wide.
- 40" long x 46" wide
- 59" long x 46" wide
- 80" long x 46" wide
- 92" long x 46" wide
- 104" long x 46" wide
- 120" long x 46" wide
- Side hem: 1/2" wide
- Top casing hem: 3" high
- Bottom hem: 1/2" high
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Dry-clean only, request that they use the drapery cycle when possible.
- Periodically shake the liner outdoors or vacuum it with the soft brush attachment to remove dust between cleanings.
- Shipping & Returns
This is a General shipping item.
- For standard delivery of in-stock items, UPS will deliver as quickly as 5 business days.
- Standard delivery and processing charges are calculated based on pre-tax order total.
- Next-Day delivery is available to most destinations for an additional fee. Not all products are eligible for next day shipping.
Our Quality Guarantee: We carefully inspect your order prior to shipment. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement. Within 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery and 30 days for all other products, if you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value.
Items Ineligible for Returns: We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. We also cannot accept returns of final-sale items which are identified by a price which ends in .99.
Registry Returns: For returns of items purchased from your Pottery Barn registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever is later.
You may return merchandise through the mail for a refund or replacement. For detailed procedures for returning items through the mail, please contact Customer Service at 1.888.779.5176, 7 days a week, 5:00am - 9:00pm (PT).
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery and Processing
We can arrange for next day delivery to most destinations within the contiguous 48 states, for an extra charge of $26.00 per address. If we receive your order by 6pm PT Monday through Friday, you'll receive your order the next business day; orders placed on Friday after 6pm PT through Sunday will arrive on Tuesday. Note: Next Day Delivery service is not available for some oversized items, White Glove Delivery, out of stock items, personalized items or for items shipped directly from the manufacturer.
View the complete Shipping and Delivery Information page.
You can return eligible item(s) within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made to Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
Easy Ways to Return:
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local Pottery Barn store for free.
- Bring to UPS Location (under 70 lbs) – See our full Easy Returns Policy to start the process.
Items non-eligible for returns or exchanges:
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
Questions? See our full Easy Returns Policy.
- Common Questions and Answers
- What does a blackout liner provide? Our Blackout Drape Liner gives you all the benefits of blackout curtains, without having to buy new window treatments. Keep your favorite drapes, and layer our blackout panels behind them to block sunlight and maintain a dark room. The tightly woven fabric, which is a polyester-cotton blend, maintains a dark atmosphere. In addition to keeping your rooms dark, our blackout liner insulates against noise, heat and cold to keep the room more comfortable.
- Where should I use blackout liners? You can use our blackout liners in any room. They are particularly effective when used in any room that you want to keep dim during daylight hours. Nightshift workers, babies and anyone who enjoys sleeping past sunrise appreciate the serenity that our blackout liners provide. The most popular rooms include bedrooms and nurseries; however, you can use them in other rooms, including dining rooms, offices and living areas. Using the blackout liner for windows in your living area can prevent streetlights from shining through in addition to dampening any outdoor noises.
- Can blackout liners make my home more energy efficient? The specially designed, dense material used to create our Blackout Drape Liner helps regulate room temperatures by adding thermal insulation to your windows. This minimizes heat loss during the winter while keeping the room cooler on hot, sunny days. During the winter, it may be more efficient to open your drapes during sunny days, which can add warmth to help save on heating bills. During the summer, it's best to keep the drapes closed to prevent the cool air from escaping and minimize the spike in temperatures caused by direct sunlight.
- How should I install the blackout liner? To maximize the darkening and insulating effects, make sure the top of the drapes are situated above the rod to block light at the top of the window. Similarly, you should position the rod so the lined drapes minimize light from flooding out the sides of the window treatments. Hang our blackout liner from the pole pocket or from the convertible ring-top for maximum versatility.
- Can I throw these liners in the wash? The imported materials used to make our Blackout Drape Liner can only be dry-cleaned. When you take the liner to your cleaner, ask him if he has a drapery cycle, which is the preferred method. Between professional cleanings, you can take the curtains down and shake them outside or vacuum over the surface using the soft brush attachment.
- Our Quality Commitment
We have a firm commitment to quality. We take great pride in our timeless designs, premium materials and expert craftsmanship.
Free Interior Design Services
Need design help? We offer free, no-strings-attached Interior Design Services. Get advice and inspiration from our specialists in-store, over the phone or by email. Designers will even make in-home visits, where they can take measurements, discuss color options, and give tips on any room.