Calais Upholstered Side Chair
Earn $25 back in rewards* for every $250 spent with your Pottery Barn Credit Card.Learn More
Our Calais Dining Chair is deeply cushioned and richly upholstered in top-quality fabrics. Antique-bronze nailheads outline the seat and back.
- Features attractive nailhead accents.
- Solid wood legs are hand-finished using an exclusive layering technique that results in beautiful depth of color.
- Made of kiln-dried solid ash and a hardwood frame. Kiln-dried wood helps prevent warping, splitting, cracking and developing mildew.
- Solidly constructed using mortise-and-tenon joinery for exceptional stability.
- Sold individually.
- Foam fill.
- Dimensions & Care
- Overall: 20" wide x 24" deep x 42" high
- Backrest Height: 26.5"
- Distance between legs: 15.5" (front to back); 16" (side to side)
- Packaging Dimensions: 33.5" wide x 22.5" deep x 45.5" high
- Weight: 15 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 275 pounds
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Spot clean with a soft, damp cloth
- Blot to remove excess water.
- Shipping & Returns
Quick Ship: Delivered in 2-4 Weeks to Major Metropolitan Areas
There is no additional charge for Quick Ship delivery. This service is subject to product availability at time of shipping. You can return eligible item(s) within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Questions? See our full Easy Returns Policy.
Made to Order: Non-Returnable
Made to Order items are usually delivered within 6+ weeks to addresses within the contiguous 48 states. Once it reaches our distribution center, a local delivery service will contact you to schedule a delivery appointment.
Unlimited Flat Rate Shipping
For one low, flat fee per trip, we will*:
- Deliver every eligible piece to the room of your choice – regardless of number of items
- Unpack and assemble each piece
- Remove and recycle the packaging
You can schedule delivery as soon as all items are ready. White glove service includes a two-person crew. Delivery fee varies by zip code and order total. Eligible items will show “Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery” on the product page.
White Glove delivery is only available in the contiguous 48 states. Delivery is by appointment Tuesday – Saturday in most major metropolitan areas, with Monday delivery available in some areas. Service to outlying areas may be restricted based on geographic location. Our delivery service will contact you to arrange a delivery date and confirm the appointment timeframe.
*Exceptions include outdoor patio structures, marble or stone sink consoles, lighting, mirrors, rugs, headboards attached to a metal frame and any items requiring home installation or wall mounting.
View the complete Shipping and Delivery Information page.
- DELIVERY TIPS AND BUYING GUIDES
STEPS FOR SUCCESSFUL FURNITURE DELIVERY
- Measure your space and mark out the dimensions on the floor.
- Confirm all dimensions of the product, including diagonal depth.
- Measure the interior space of doorways, passages and stairwells to make sure the furniture will get through.
- Measure carefully as we cannot be responsible for items that do not fit in your home.
- View Furniture Delivery VideoFurniture Delivery Video.
- Our Quality Commitment
We have a firm commitment to quality. We take great pride in our timeless designs, premium materials and expert craftsmanship.
We design nearly every furniture item in-house. We use strong and beautiful materials to make long lasting products. We partner with fabric industry leaders to ensure safe upholstered furniture for you and your family.
The Hand of the Artist
Nearly all of our products are imagined and designed in our San Francisco studios. Our artists hand-create prototypes for everything from seasonal dinnerware to patchwork quilts to lighting.
Free Interior Design Services
Need design help? We offer free, no-strings-attached Interior Design Services. Get advice and inspiration from our specialists in-store, over the phone or by email. Designers will even make in-home visits, where they can take measurements, discuss color options, and give tips on any room.