Chatham Rectangular Extending Dining Table, Gray
- Sustainably Sourced
Earn $124.90 (10%) back in rewards* on this item when using your Pottery Barn Credit Card.Learn More
Crafted by skilled artisans from FSC® mahogany, our Chatham Butterfly Table is an eco-friendly choice for your outdoor entertaining. It features two butterfly leaves to accommodate additional guests. Dining alfresco is a favorite summer pleasure, and this table makes it better than ever.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested mahogany that meets the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC®). To learn more about our environmental commitment click here
- Butterfly extensions increase the table's length, and store conveniently under the top.
- An opening at the center accommodates all of our outdoor umbrellas.
- Exposed hardware has an antique brass finish.
- A stainless steel fitting is included to cover the umbrella opening when not in use.
- Touch-up kit available to conceal minor scratches, worn edges and other imperfections (sold separately).
- Large unextended table can seat 4 comfortably; extended can seat up to 6 comfortably.
- X-Large unextended table can seat 6 comfortably; extended can seat up to 8 comfortably.
- Adjustable levelers add stability on uneven ground.
- Dimensions & Care
Chatham Large Extending Dining Table
- Overall (unextended): 40.5" wide x 74" long x 30" high
- Overall (extended with 2 leaves): 40.5" wide x 106" long x 30" high
- Extension Leaf (2): 40.5" wide x 16" long x 1" thick
- Apron: 3" high
- Distance between legs: 63" (at sides), 30" (front to back)
- Umbrella Hole: 2.25" diameter
- Clearance from Floor: 26.5"
- Weight: 110 pounds
Chatham X-Large Extending Dining Table
- Overall (unextended): 40" wide x 95" long x 30" high
- Overall (extended with 2 leaves): 40" wide x 125" long x 30" high
- Extension Leaf (2): 40" wide x 15" long x 1" thick
- Apron: 13.5"
- Clearance between Legs: front to back: 29.5", side to side: 81.5"
- Umbrella Hole: 2.25" diameter
- Clearance from Floor: 27" high
- Weight Capacity: 755 pounds
- Weight: 128 pounds
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
While weathering and color variation over time is natural for outdoor wood furniture, we recommend the following care for best results:
- Store wood furniture indoors out of season. Make sure furniture is completely dry before storage.
- Cover wood furniture with outdoor covers (sold separately) when left outside during inclement weather or when not in use.
- Store cushions separately from furniture to prevent possible transfer of moisture.
- Wipe spills with a clean dry cloth.
- Avoid the use of harsh cleaners and abrasives.
- Want to learn how to refinish your outdoor furniture? Watch this helpful video.
LONG TERM CARE
- To revive weathered furniture, sand and clean the wood to remove all debris and previous treatment. You may then apply any deck stain in the color of your choice. Note that two coats are required to achieve your desired color.
- For best results, follow surface preparation and application instructions provided on staining product. To find a selection of stain colors and additional product details, visit our partners at Sherwin-Williams
- Shipping & Returns
In-stock items will usually ship within 7-10 business days for the cities listed below:
- San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, Columbus, New York City, Baltimore, Boston, Cromwell, Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Tampa, Fort Meyers, Orlando, Miami, Fort Lauderdale. For other areas, your items will be delivered within 2-3 weeks.
Unlimited Flat Rate Shipping
For one low, flat fee per trip, we will*:
- Deliver every eligible piece to the room of your choice – regardless of number of items
- Unpack and assemble each piece
- Remove and recycle the packaging
You can schedule delivery as soon as all items are ready. White glove service includes a two-person crew. Delivery fee varies by zip code and order total. Eligible items will show “Unlimited Flat Rate Delivery” on the product page.
White Glove delivery is only available in the contiguous 48 states. Delivery is by appointment Tuesday – Saturday in most major metropolitan areas, with Monday delivery available in some areas. Service to outlying areas may be restricted based on geographic location. Our delivery service will contact you to arrange a delivery date and confirm the appointment timeframe.
*Exceptions include outdoor patio structures, marble or stone sink consoles, lighting, mirrors, rugs, headboards attached to a metal frame and any items requiring home installation or wall mounting.
View the complete Shipping and Delivery Information page.
You can return eligible item(s) within 30 days of receiving an order or 7 days for Quick Ship upholstery items for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required. Monogrammed items and Made to Order furniture or rugs are not eligible for returns. Review the full list of ineligible items and our refund policy below before starting the process.
Easy Ways to Return:
- Stores - You can return most non-furniture items to your local Pottery Barn store for free.
- Bring to UPS Location (under 70 lbs) – See our full Easy Returns Policy to start the process.
Items non-eligible for returns or exchanges:
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Made to Order items, including custom rugs and furniture
- Final sale items (with prices ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear
Questions? See our full Easy Returns Policy.