At a Pennsylvania flea market, we found an Amish hope chest whose painted decoration had worn away over time, leaving a tracery of blues, greens and reds. We replicated its colorful patina on our Rebecca Trunk. It’s detailed with metal edge banding and a decorative escutcheon. The smoothly finished interior is left open for storage.
HOW ITS CONSTRUCTED
- Crafted of kiln-dried gmelina with metal bands and a faux lock.
- Finished by hand on all sides using an intricate process that includes staining, painting and sanding repeatedly to achieve the look of an antique.
DETAILS YOU’LL APPRECIATE
- Detailed with metal edge bands finished in rustic iron, including a decorative blackened metal lock.
- Air ventilation hole for safety.
KEY PRODUCT POINTS
- Simple assembly required.
- Dimensions & Care
- Overall: 38" wide x 22.5" deep x 18.5" high
- Top: 38" wide x 22.5" deep x 3" high
- Interior: 38" wide x 22.5" deep x 18" high
- Ventilation Hole:1.5" diameter
- Weight: 66 pounds
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
- Wipe using a soft dry, lint free cloth.
- Blot to remove spills.
- Do not use abrasive or harsh chemicals to clean as this may damage the finish.
- Shipping & Return Info
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery and Processing
View the complete Shipping and Delivery Information page.
- Monogrammed items
- Gift cards
- Special-order items (including made-to-order upholstery and custom order rugs)
- Final Sale items (identified by a price ending in $.X7 or $.X9)
- Items damaged through normal wear and tear.
Questions? See our full Returns Policy.