Patterned & Embroidered Outdoor Pillows
- Printed Rope Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $35.50
- Embroidered Coral Indoor/Outdoor Lumbar Pillow $39.50
- PB Classic Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $29.50
- PB Classic Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Bolster Pillow $29.50
- Sunbrella® Awning Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50 – $49.50
- Wildflower Floral Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $29.50
- Sunbrella® Milano Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50 – $49.50 Special $27.50 – $34.50
- Gingham Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50
- Sunbrella® Newport Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50 – $49.50
- Sunbrella Passage Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Lumbar Pillow $59.50
- Sunbrella Hansen Stripe Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $49.50
- PB Classic Solid Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $25.50
Solid Outdoor Pillows
- PB Classic Solid Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $25.50
- Honeycomb Faux Fiber Indoor/Outdoor Lumbar Pillow $45.50
- Synthetic Trim Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50
- Faux Natural Fiber Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50 – $49.50
- Monogrammable Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50
- Sunbrella® Solid Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $39.50 – $49.50 Sale $24.99 – $49.50
- Sunbrella® Contrast Piped Solid Indoor/Outdoor Pillow $49.50 – $59.50 Sale $32.99 – $59.50
As you begin to plan for spring and summer festivities, it’s also time to think about your backyard space, your outdoor decor and your outdoor furniture. As soon as you see the first flower begin to pop up through the ground, it’s time to start thinking about cleaning the pool, neatening the yard, planting new blooms and getting your patio ready for entertaining – it’s all part of the fun of warm weather! One of the most important aspects of your outdoor furniture is comfort. Imagine throwing a celebratory barbecue where all your guests have comfortable seating, or spending the afternoon lounging alone while enjoying an iced tea and a good book. Adding just the right outdoor pillows can instantly give your deck a patio a makeover while providing you with comfortable luxury that you and your guests can enjoy for many warm days and nights. Shop Pottery Barn for a wide selection of durable patterned and solid indoor/outdoor pillows that are sure to be a hit every summer.
One of the most wonderful things about outdoor pillows is the fact that they’re not just for outdoor use – they’re just reliable and durable crafted to withstand the elements, so feel free to use them indoors, too. In addition to adding new pillows to your lounges and outdoor chairs during the warmer seasons, consider adding bright, fresh pillows to your mudroom or enclosed porch as well – their colors are sure to brighten the space. If you find a pattern or color scheme you like, outdoor pillows work well even in your living room. With a wide selection of outdoor pillows available, you also have the ability to change the look of your outdoor decor as often as you wish, making the space truly (and easily) customizable.
Just as important as comfort when it comes to outdoor accessories, durability is a must. Outdoor pillows often feature polyester construction and are resistant to water and moisture. Easy to take care of with a simple spot cleaning, many outdoor pillows come with the inserts as part of the pillow, so separate shams aren’t required. In part, having this combined construction makes these pillows even more durable, with a thick coating that helps resist fading, scratches and tears. Most outdoor pillows are already designed with outdoor furniture in mind, so selecting them is seamless as they complement your existing outdoor furniture completely. Choose from bright, bold patterns that announce the arrival of spring, with bright florals, bold prints and eye-grabbing plaids. You can also choose nautical designs to suit your beach- or boat-themed decor, such as pillows with sea creatures and other seaside motifs.
When it comes to selecting the type of pillow you need, keep in mind that outdoor pillows are relatively similar in size and structure when compared to the indoor pillows you use. A throw pillow provides a minimal amount of back support, while a lumbar pillow helps cushion your lower back to provide comfort for as long as you need it. Similarly, while a bolster pillow may be decorative in appearance, it can also provide your back with a lot of support. Should you plan to do a lot of sunbathing this summer, keep in mind the type of pillows you might need to enjoy a comfortable afternoon on your deck or patio.
Solid-colored pillows also work exceptionally well with your outdoor furniture. You can mix and match solid colors with outdoor furniture slipcovers, which allows you to change the look of your outdoor decor as often as you like. Choose several bold pastel colors for Easter and the arrival of spring. A colorful combination of red, white and blue works well for the Fourth of July. For August, perhaps opt for a collaboration of bright, summery hues, such as vivid yellow, bright orange and kelly green.