- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Natural $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Indigo $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Gray $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Black $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Cardinal Red $28 – $1,456
- Fibreworks® Custom Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Espresso $28 – $1,456
- Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Espresso $119 – $529 Special $89 – $419
- Color-Bound Seagrass Rug - Natural $119 – $529 Special $89 – $419
- Sheepskin Rug $99 – $199
- Fringed Hand-Loomed Rug - Charcoal $159 – $949 Special $119 – $699
- Frankie Jute Rug - Natural $769 Special $609
- Woven Sisal Rug - Taupe $119 – $589 Special $89 – $469
- Edinton Natural Fiber Rug - Natural Celadon $219 – $769 Special $169 – $609
- Hazel Natural Fiber Rug - Ivory/Natural $399 – $999
- Heather Chenille Jute Rug - Mocha $159 – $899 Special $119 – $719
- Chevron Wool Jute Rug - Mocha $219 – $889 Special $169 – $709
- Border Round Jute Rug - Sand $179 – $299 Special $139 – $239
- Fibreworks® Custom Sisal Rug - Toffee $28 – $1,792
- Fibreworks® Custom Sisal Rug - Sand $28 – $1,792
- Fibreworks® Custom Sisal Rug - Mocha $28 – $1,792
- Diamond Maze Synthetic Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Blue $59 Sale $19.99
- Lily Recycled Yarn Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Navy Blue $49 – $179 Special $34 – $125
- Lily Recycled Yarn Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Red $49 – $179 Special $34 – $125
- Lily Recycled Yarn Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Neutral $49 – $179 Special $34 – $125
- Artificial Grass Turf $59
- Oliver Pinstripe Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Natural/Black Special $49 – $179
- Oxford Stripe Recycled Yarn Indoor/Outdoor Rug - Blue $49 – $349 Special $34 – $244
- Personalized Doormat $69 – $109
- Picture Frame Doormat $49 – $89
- Monogrammed Doormat $59 – $99
- Hello/Goodbye Doormat $29 – $49
- Ogee Doormat $29 – $49
- Kendra Trellis Doormat $29 – $49
- Valentina Doormat $29
- Anisha Doormat $29
- Mr. and Mr. Doormat $69
- Mr. and Mrs. Doormat $69 – $109
- Mrs. and Mrs. Doormat $69
- Santa's Postcard Doormat $19.50 Sale $9.99
- Duncan Diamond Natural Fiber Rug - Natural $699 Sale $349.99
Tie all the features of a room together with a decorative rug. No matter what size, color, material or pile thickness you’re looking for, at Pottery Barn, we have all rugs covered.
Before starting on your search for the perfect rug, consider what size you need. A spacious room benefits from a large rug that is placed in the center and falls just short of the edges. This brings a warm carpeted feel to the room while still exposing the marble or hardwood flooring underneath. Or, instead of just one rug, you can always use a couple in different places, which accentuates the size of the room. For a dining area, a medium size rug under the table and chairs makes a feature of that space and provides comfort underfoot. A small rug placed under the coffee table in the living room accentuates it and provides a cozy setting when friends and family gather around for a chat and a drink.
Coordinate the colors to match the room’s decor. The rug can tie in with curtains and decorative pillows, or have colored elements that match the couch and armchair. A room with neutral decor is brought to life with a patterned rug design while a busy room is complemented by a color block rug. A light colored rug enhances a small space to actually make it seem bigger. A handcrafted Persian rug has sumptuous patterns and colors that are particularly striking when paired with wooden furniture and accents, and these features complement hardwood or marble flooring.
The pile thickness is important too. Imagine stepping out of bed in the morning and sinking your feet into a thick plush rug. A sheepskin rug adds softness and warmth to a room, and sheared pile not only looks inviting but also has a velvety feel underfoot. For a room with heavy footfall, such as a kitchen or entryway, a rug with thin pile is recommended. A seagrass rug, for example, is incredibly durable and withstands a lot of use while retaining its look, as does a woven sisal rug. A colored border gives it a more decorative edge. A flat weave kilim rug with a hand knotted fridge adds welcoming warmth to an entryway. A jute rug is ideal for placement underneath your home office desk; it provides comfort underfoot while the thin pile prevents your desk chair from getting caught up as you move around.
Rugs don’t need to be rectangular or square. A round jute rug looks great under a circular dining table and a faux animal skin adds interest to a room. Go for bordered edge designs or tasseled edges for interest. A reversible design means you can flip the rug over to immediately change the look of your room.
Create an extra room outside by having a rug on your patio or deck area. This is a great idea when having family meals outside or hosting a party in the warmer months. A rug draws all the elements together for a cozier feel, so coordinate the colors to match the table settings and garden furniture. Artificial grass turf is an instant way to add greenery to a concrete yard and lets you have a garden without the need for any mowing. Welcome guests into your home with a doormat. A picture frame or patterned design is decorative, but you can also personalize a doormat with your family name or initials to make it more unique. Celebrate a seasonal holiday with a specially designed image for added humor.
Prevent accidental slippages and place a rug pad underneath your rug. This clever pad provides an additional layer of padding underfoot for a softer feel and adds a nonskid element to the flooring. This also helps to prolong the life of your rug. Other ways to do this include blotting spillages instantly to protect the fibers of your rug and to clean it regularly to retain its look. When a rug is placed near a window, be sure to rotate it occasionally. The sun fades the material so occasional rotation balances the fading effect so that it’s less noticeable and your rug remains looking as good as new.