The 72 Inch Sofa Fits Right In
Find the perfect sofa for your home with a 72 inch sofa. This size is just right for many people who find themselves with an entryway, shorter wall or mid-sized furniture gap in need of some sumptuous seating. Larger than a loveseat, but not quite as grand as a standard-sized sofa, the 72 inch sofa is perfect for stretching out, pairing with an ottoman, lounging lengthwise or sitting to chat, scroll or watch a movie. Made to the same high-quality standards as any other sofa you'd choose from Pottery Barn, this uniquely sized sofa is designed to enhance your comfort and style at home.
Understanding Sofa Sizes
Sofa sizes follow somewhat standard measurements, meant to make it easy to do things like plan on placement in your home, pick out a rug, shop for other furnishings, like a coffee table or end table, and maybe even check out slipcovers when it's time for a refresh.
- Most standard sofas are at least 84 inches long. This length leaves an inner sitting area of just about 6-1/2 feet long, which is enough for most people to lay down and take a nap or prop up with a few pillows to relax.
- Love seats are more like 60 inches long. This is the right size for sitting or spreading out a little bit. Many people like a love seat as an accompaniment to a standard couch.
- Sectionals are various lengths, because you design them yourself out of complementary elements that might include corners or chaises.
The 72 inch sofa is sized between the standard sofa and loveseat so that you can enjoy yet another option, while still retaining the modern aesthetic you love with the wide selection of fabrics you've come to expect.
Who Needs a 72 Inch Sofa?
Getting a sofa of a slightly different size can feel genuinely groundbreaking when you're looking for just the right piece to fit into one of your rooms. Consider a few places you might put yours and see if this is just the sofa you've needed.
- Place this sofa as a longer loveseat in an entryway area of your home. In a foyer, this sofa offers a convenient and comfortable place to remove shoes or put bags down near a hall tree or row of hooks.
- Pair it with a standard sofa and an ottoman to create a space that rivals a sectional for seating, but lets you play with the layout as you choose other furnishings or decor accents.
- Set up an entertainment alcove or reading nook in a spare area. With a compact end table and a table lamp, you've created a comfortable living space that feels like a getaway in your own home.
These smaller sofas are also the perfect fit for anyone who lives in a compact home, like a condo or a historic house, where rooms may be smaller in favor of character, location or a view. Your furniture can still be top-notch without sacrificing floor space.