you are currently here: Counter Height Chairs
Counter Height Chairs For a Modern Home
Bring your home decor style to new heights with counter height chairs. These comfortable, casual chairs are perfect for a quick cup of coffee in an L-shaped kitchen or for lining a long counter run for company while you cook. They're made to the same standards as your traditional dining chairs, just a little higher off the ground. Shop for a variety of styles, including rustic, industrial, cottage or modern looks. Both inviting and intimate, counter height chairs foster a sense of warmth wherever you place them.
What Are Counter Height Chairs?
These chairs are just like the chairs you might use to surround a dining or kitchen table, except their legs are longer, creating a higher seat. They are similar to bar stools, although they may vary in height by a few inches. Check the dimensions of taller chairs to be sure you get what you need.
- Counter height chairs include a seat and a seat back, differentiating them from stools.
- Bar height chairs are also available if you have a traditionally placed bar.
- Counter height options are usually between 23 and 28 inches, while bar height chairs or stools sit a bit higher.
- This height difference is because a bar is usually designed for the purpose of pulling up a chair to enjoy refreshments, while counters may serve multiple purposes in a home.
Creating Casual Gathering Spots
Style your counter height chairs around your home to create cozy spots where friends and family can gather. Formal seating is fine for the dining room. These seats are about snacking, chatting, passing small plates and catching up while dining lightly or taking care of food prep.
- Create places for socializing amid an open floor plan. When the kitchen opens up to another room, these taller chairs can break up the space.
- Designate a corner for coffee or tapas with a high bistro table and tall chairs. Set by a window or near a longer wall, this makes a comfortable station for snacks.
- See how much friends love coming to your place when you set up a bar on your patio or porch. Offer a transitional area by your pool or grill and keep the good times going.
Counter Height Chairs for Your Aesthetic
There are counter chairs to match any aesthetic. Many of these chairs feature traditional or vintage styling, including slat backs, contoured seats, turned legs or upholstery. Browse what's new with frequent style updates and modern looks. With so many choices, you're bound to discover the perfect set for you.