- Modern Farmhouse Sink Vanity $1,199
- Mason Apothecary Single Sink Vanity $999
- Apothecary Single Sink Vanity $1,899
- Apothecary Double Sink Vanity $3,299
- Clarence Apothecary Vanity - Chrome $1,599
- Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity - White $1,599
- Classic Single Sink Vanity - White $1,299
- Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity - White $1,799
- Classic Single Sink Mini Vanity - White $999
- Classic Double Sink Vanity - White $2,299
- Classic Single Sink Mini Vanity - Gray $999
- Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity - Gray $1,799
- Classic Double Sink Vanity - Gray $2,299
- Newport Double Sink Vanity $2,299
- Ultimate Double Sink Storage Vanity with Hutch $2,899
- Ultimate Double Sink Storage Vanity $2,699
- Piedmont Single Sink Vanity $1,299
- Piedmont Double Sink Vanity $2,299
- Piedmont Single Sink Vanity - Espresso $1,299
- Piedmont Double Sink Vanity - Espresso $2,300
- Newport Single Mini Sink Vanity $999
- Newport Single Sink Vanity $1,299
- Custom Classic Mini Sink Vanity with Drawers - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,199
- Custom Classic Mini Sink Vanity with Doors - Carrara Marble $19 – $1,099
- Custom Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,999
- Custom Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity with Door Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $2,599
- Custom Classic Double Sink Vanity with Doors Storage - Carrara Marble $49 – $2,699
- Custom Classic Double Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $49 – $2,899
- Custom Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $39 – $2,499
- Custom Classic Single 36" Sink Vanity - White $1,599
- Abbott Single Sink Vanity $1,999
- Mason Reclaimed Wood Single Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $1,699
- Mason Single Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $1,699
- Mason Double Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $3,299 Special $2,639
- Benchwright Reclaimed Wood Single Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $2,299
- Benchwright Reclaimed Wood Double Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $3,575
- Benchwright Single Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $2,299
- Benchwright Double Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $3,399
- Benchwright Single Wide Sink Vanity $3,299
- Davis Single Sink Vanity $99 – $1,399
- Davis Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $2,199
- Davis Single Wide Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $2,799
- Davis Double Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $3,099
- Sausalito Single Sink Vanity $1,599
- Sausalito Double Bath Vanity $2,899
- Classic Single Sink Vanity - Gray $1,299
- Custom Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Door Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,899
- Vintage Floor Storage $249
- Rattan Floor Storage $199
- Rattan Stool $129
- Rainier Bath Storage $79
- Classic Linen Closet $999
- Stuart Storage Cabinet & Hutch $899
- Stuart Linen Closet $899
- Ultimate Storage Stool $129
- Classic Small Space Floor Storage $199 Special $179
- Modular Floor Storage $29 – $249
- Ainsley Ladder Floor Storage with Baskets $279
- Ainsley Over-the-Toilet Ladder with Baskets $299
- Benchwright Ladder Floor Storage $119 – $249
- Rattan Wall-Mount Shelves $99
- Metal Etagere $199 – $299
- Metal Over-the-Toilet Etagere $399
- Rustic Wood Linen Closet $799
- Ultimate Wall Storage Organizer $249 Sale $169.99
- Matilda Wall Cabinet $199
- Newport Wall Cabinet $22 – $269
- Hotel Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $279 – $379
- Classic Recessed Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349
- Classic Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349
- Sonoma Recessed Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349
- Sonoma Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349
- Benchwright Wall-Mount Medicine Cabinet - Rustic Mahogany Finish $449
- Benchwright Wall-Mount Medicine Cabinet - Wax Pine Finish $449
- Gabrielle Laundry System, 6 Piece Set $359
- Perry Hamper & Liner- Savannah Weave $129
- Perry Divided Hamper & Liner- Savannah Weave $179
- Perry Hamper & Liner- Havana Weave $129
- Perry Divided Hamper & Liner- Havana Weave $179
- Perry Single Hamper & Liner - White $129
- Perry Divided Hamper & Liner - White $179
- Gabrielle System - Canvas Hanging Hamper $24.50 – $69
- Ironing Board Hanger $59
- Newport Baskets $22 – $69
- Perry Paper Holder - Savannah Weave $49
- Perry Waste Basket - Savannah Weave $34
- Savannah Utility Baskets $24.50 – $39
- Savannah Lidded Baskets $29 – $59
- Savannah Underbed Baskets $29 – $49
- Savannah Oval Magazine Basket $29
- Savannah Recycling Bin $99
- Havana Utility Baskets $24.50 – $39
- Havana Lidded Baskets $29 – $59
- Havana Underbed Baskets $29 – $49
- Havana Oval Magazine Basket $29
- Havana Recycling Bin $99
- Perry Wastebasket - Havana Weave $34
- Jacquelyne Baskets $59
- Jacquelyne Wood Handled Basket $79
- Jacquelyne Lidded Barrel Basket $99
- Jacquelyne Recycling Bin Basket $89
- Jacquelyne Underbed Basket $69
- Beachcomber Wood Handled Basket $99
- Beachcomber Lidded Basket $99
- Samantha Seagrass Baskets $39.50 – $132
- Logan Woven Baskets $34.50 – $49.50
- Cynthia Basket, Set of 2 $79 Special $31
- Shayne Kitchen Basket $79 Special $31
- Vintage Wall Shelf $199
- Mercer Glass Shelf $79 – $89
- Mercer Triple Glass Shelf $199
- Mercer Train Rack $199
- Sussex Glass Shelf $59 – $69
- Sussex Train Rack $249
- Holman Shelves $60 – $199 Special $79 – $199
- Rustic Wood Shelves $79 – $149
- Kensington Pivot Rectangular Mirror $199 – $299
How to Design a Bathroom
A bathroom, whether you're building a brand new master bathroom or updating a small guest space, is an intimate place where you spend time both starting and ending your day. Your master bathroom, in particular, is an area where you get ready in the morning, before a night out, and if you love to soak in the tub, relax after your work is done and on weekends.
Planning the perfect bathroom can ensure you have the dream space you've always desired, even if you have limited square footage. Use this guide from Pottery Barn to help you plan whether you are building, remodeling or even updating your bathroom in style.
Vanities and Sinks
The vanity you choose for your bathroom is perhaps the single most important piece you'll install. In most bathrooms, it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door and the focal point of the room.
There's no hard and fast rule for choosing a bathroom vanity size, but there are some common sizes that work in most spaces. For a powder room, look for a single sink vanity or a pedestal sink style. 24" to a maximum of 36" is ideal in most powder rooms.
For a guest bathroom or a teenager's bathroom, a single sink vanity that's 36" to 60" is generally appropriate. Larger spaces can benefit from 72" vanities.
In the master bathroom, a double sink vanity measuring 60" to 84" is ideal if you have the space. Single sink options also work if you've got a smaller space.
If you're not replacing your current vanity, look to update your bathroom hardware. Hardware has a huge visual impact in a small space like the bathroom.
For small spaces, under-sink storage is a must, especially if that's the only place you're going to have to put things you don't want on display all the time. Even in large bathrooms, under-sink storage can be convenient. If you prefer a modern vanity with open shelving, look to keep your storage area tidy with decorative baskets and neatly folded towels.
If you have more space, freestanding linen storage is a wise idea. You'll be able to keep extra towels handy and have a place for items like hair dryers, extra shampoo and anything else you need to keep handy.
Wall shelves can also be helpful in small bathrooms where you don't have room for freestanding storage.
Shower, Bath or Both
No bathroom is complete without a space for bathing. Even your guest spaces need to offer guests something to help them get ready for the day each morning.
In your master bathroom, a shower and bathtub are ideal since you'll have a way to get clean quickly and relax when you need a little TLC. If your space is large enough, a freestanding shower and separate bathtub are often ideal. For a decorative touch, choose a claw foot bathtub with iron feet.
Not every bathroom can handle a freestanding shower and bathtub. In those spaces, a combination shower and bathtub is preferred. You'll need a little more space than a simple small shower box, but even most small master bathrooms can make this work if they scale other items like the vanity back just a little.
Don't Forget About Lighting
Lighting is obviously important in your bathroom, and if you're remodeling a space, you can likely use the existing overhead lighting. If not, recessed light fixtures are a mainstay in modern bathrooms, even in spaces that are designed with traditional decor.
You don't want to forget about decorative and accent lighting when creating your new bathroom though. If you're simply updating your space, adding new bathroom sconces can add an element of interest and offer more intimate, soft lighting.
4.75" is a common back plate size for wall sconces, but if you're updating an existing space with pre-drilled holes, you'll need to measure yours to be sure. Pay extra attention if your sconces are going on a bathroom mirror -- they'll need to be the right size to mount securely.
Make Your Bathroom a Comfortable, Relaxing Space
Every bathroom needs the creature comforts that we've all come to expect. In a smaller space, you may need to limit the number of hooks or towel bars you use, but every bathroom can benefit from stylish shower curtains, comfortable bath mats and decorative accessories like soap, toothbrush and tissue holders.
Single towel bars and hooks for hand towels are also must-have items. For shared spaces or a master bathroom, double towel bars and robe hooks are ideal.
Designing the perfect bathroom, whether it's a powder room, guest space or master suite, can provide you with an opportunity to get everything just right. Shop Pottery Barn to find everything you need to create the space you've always dreamed of calling your own.