- Benchwright Single Wide Sink Vanity - Wax Pine $3,299
- Benchwright Reclaimed Wood Single Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $2,299
- Benchwright Single Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $2,299
- Benchwright Single Wide Sink Vanity $3,299
- Classic Single Sink Vanity - White $1,299
- Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity - White $1,599
- Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity - White $1,799
- Classic Single Sink Mini Vanity - White $999
- Classic Single Sink Mini Vanity - Gray $999
- Classic Single Sink Vanity - Gray $1,299
- Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity - Gray $1,799
- Mason Reclaimed Wood Single Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $1,699
- Mason Single Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $1,699
- Custom Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,999
- Custom Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $39 – $2,499
- Custom Classic Single Wide Sink Vanity with Door Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $2,599
- Custom Classic Mini Sink Vanity with Drawers - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,199
- Custom Classic Mini Sink Vanity with Doors - Carrara Marble $19 – $1,099
- Custom Classic Single 36" Sink Vanity - White $1,599
- Piedmont Single Sink Vanity $1,299
- Piedmont Single Sink Vanity - Espresso $1,299
- Modern Farmhouse Sink Vanity $1,199
- Davis Single Sink Vanity $99 – $1,399
- Davis Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $2,199 Sale $99 – $1,759.99
- Davis Single Wide Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $2,799 Sale $99 – $2,239.99
- Sausalito Single Sink Vanity $1,599
- Apothecary Single Sink Vanity $1,899
- Mason Apothecary Single Sink Vanity $999
- Livingston Vanity $1,499 Special $1,199
- Abbott Single Sink Vanity $1,999
- Paulsen Reclaimed Wood Vanity $1,499
- Clarence Apothecary Vanity - Chrome $1,599
- Clarence Apothecary Vanity - Brass $1,599
- Classic Vanity $549 Special $439
- Sussex Single Sink Pedestal $499
- Newport Single Mini Sink Vanity $999
- Newport Single Sink Vanity $1,299
- Benchwright Reclaimed Wood Double Sink Vanity - Wax Pine Finish $3,399
- Benchwright Double Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $3,399
- Classic Double Sink Vanity - White $2,299
- Classic Double Sink Vanity - Gray $2,299
- Mason Double Sink Vanity - Wax Pine $3,299
- Mason Double Sink Vanity - Rustic Mahogany Finish $3,299
- Custom Classic Double Sink Vanity with Drawer Storage - Carrara Marble $49 – $2,899
- Custom Classic Double Sink Vanity with Doors Storage - Carrara Marble $49 – $2,699
- Piedmont Double Sink Vanity $2,299
- Piedmont Double Sink Vanity - Espresso $2,299
- Davis Double Sink Vanity with Drawers $99 – $3,099
- Sausalito Double Bath Vanity $2,899
- Apothecary Double Sink Vanity $3,299
- Ultimate Double Sink Storage Vanity with Hutch $2,899
- Ultimate Double Sink Storage Vanity $2,699
- Newport Double Sink Vanity $2,299
- Custom Classic Asymmetric Single Sink Vanity with Door Storage - Carrara Marble $29 – $1,899
- Kensington Pivot Rectangular Mirror $199 – $299 Special $159 – $299
- Kensington Pivot Oval Mirror $249 – $299 Special $199 – $299
- Kensington Mirror $179 – $279 Special $140 – $279
- Kensington Pivot Wide Rectangular Mirror $299 Special $240 – $299
- Kensington Pivot Round Mirror $249 – $299 Special $199 – $299
- Astor Double-Width Mirror $449
- Astor Mirror - Round $249 Sale $149.99
- Rustic Mirror $249 Special $199
- Vintage Swivel Mirror $149
- Vintage Pivot Mirror $199 – $299 Special $159 – $299
- Vintage Round Mirror $249
- Vintage Fixed Mirror $199 – $329 Special $159 – $263
- Classic Mirror $149 – $199 Special $135 – $159
- Classic Double Wide Mirror $399 Special $319
- Classic Floor Mirror $349 Special $279 – $349
- Miranda Capiz Mirror $349 Special $279
- Miranda Capiz Round Mirror $349
- Astor Beveled Mirror $299
- Hewitt Pivot Mirror $349 Special $280
- simplehuman® 5" Sensor Mirror - 10x Magnification $130
- simplehuman® Sensor Mirror Pro $250
- simplehuman® Wide-View Sensor Mirror $400
- Amelia Vanity Mirror $199
- Scarlett Monogram Wall Mirror $229
- Turner Rectangle Mirror $89
- Benchwright Mirror $399 Special $239
- Benchwright Floor Mirror $599 Special $359
- Santorini Painted Mirror $399
- Santorini Painted Floor Mirror $599
- Upton Mirror $299
- Brinkley Mirror $299 – $599
- Leanna Metal Overlay Mirror $349 Sale $239.99
- Eagan Multipanel Mirror - Small $299
- Eagan Multipanel Extra Small Mirror $299
- Distiller Metal Arch Floor Mirror $699
- Stella Powder Room Mirror $299
- Bevel Rectangular Mirrors $249 – $399
- Bevel Square Mirror $149
- Bevel Floor Mirror $599
- Silver Beaded Floor Mirror $599
- Eleanor Frameless Mirrors $99 – $129
- Hotel Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $279 – $379 Special $220 – $379
- Classic Recessed Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349 Sale $149.99 – $279
- Classic Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349 Special $249 – $279
- Sonoma Recessed Medicine Cabinet $249 – $349 Special $249 – $279
- Sonoma Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet $349 Special $279
- Benchwright Wall-Mount Medicine Cabinet - Rustic Mahogany Finish $449 Special $359
- Benchwright Wall-Mount Medicine Cabinet - Wax Pine Finish $449 Special $359
- Vintage Floor Storage $249
- Rattan Floor Storage $199 Special $159
- Rattan Stool $129 Special $100
- Rainier Bath Storage $79
- Classic Linen Closet $999
- Stuart Storage Cabinet & Hutch $899
- Stuart Linen Closet $899 Special $719
- Ultimate Storage Stool $129
- Classic Small Space Floor Storage $199
- Modular Floor Storage $29 – $249
- Marble-Top Sundry Tower $499
- Ainsley Ladder Floor Storage with Baskets $279
- Ainsley Over-the-Toilet Ladder with Baskets $299
- Benchwright Ladder Floor Storage $119 – $249
- Rattan Wall-Mount Shelves $99
How to Design a Bathroom
A bathroom, whether you're building a brand new master bathroom or updating a small guest space, is an intimate place where you spend time both starting and ending your day. Your master bathroom, in particular, is an area where you get ready in the morning, before a night out, and if you love to soak in the tub, relax after your work is done and on weekends.
Planning the perfect bathroom can ensure you have the dream space you've always desired, even if you have limited square footage. Use this guide from Pottery Barn to help you plan whether you are building, remodeling or even updating your bathroom in style.
Vanities and Sinks
The vanity you choose for your bathroom is perhaps the single most important piece you'll install. In most bathrooms, it's the first thing you see when you walk in the door and the focal point of the room.
There's no hard and fast rule for choosing a bathroom vanity size, but there are some common sizes that work in most spaces. For a powder room, look for a single sink vanity or a pedestal sink style. 24" to a maximum of 36" is ideal in most powder rooms.
For a guest bathroom or a teenager's bathroom, a single sink vanity that's 36" to 60" is generally appropriate. Larger spaces can benefit from 72" vanities.
In the master bathroom, a double sink vanity measuring 60" to 84" is ideal if you have the space. Single sink options also work if you've got a smaller space.
If you're not replacing your current vanity, look to update your bathroom hardware. Hardware has a huge visual impact in a small space like the bathroom.
For small spaces, under-sink storage is a must, especially if that's the only place you're going to have to put things you don't want on display all the time. Even in large bathrooms, under-sink storage can be convenient. If you prefer a modern vanity with open shelving, look to keep your storage area tidy with decorative baskets and neatly folded towels.
If you have more space, freestanding linen storage is a wise idea. You'll be able to keep extra towels handy and have a place for items like hair dryers, extra shampoo and anything else you need to keep handy.
Wall shelves can also be helpful in small bathrooms where you don't have room for freestanding storage.
Shower, Bath or Both
No bathroom is complete without a space for bathing. Even your guest spaces need to offer guests something to help them get ready for the day each morning.
In your master bathroom, a shower and bathtub are ideal since you'll have a way to get clean quickly and relax when you need a little TLC. If your space is large enough, a freestanding shower and separate bathtub are often ideal. For a decorative touch, choose a claw foot bathtub with iron feet.
Not every bathroom can handle a freestanding shower and bathtub. In those spaces, a combination shower and bathtub is preferred. You'll need a little more space than a simple small shower box, but even most small master bathrooms can make this work if they scale other items like the vanity back just a little.
Don't Forget About Lighting
Lighting is obviously important in your bathroom, and if you're remodeling a space, you can likely use the existing overhead lighting. If not, recessed light fixtures are a mainstay in modern bathrooms, even in spaces that are designed with traditional decor.
You don't want to forget about decorative and accent lighting when creating your new bathroom though. If you're simply updating your space, adding new bathroom sconces can add an element of interest and offer more intimate, soft lighting.
4.75" is a common back plate size for wall sconces, but if you're updating an existing space with pre-drilled holes, you'll need to measure yours to be sure. Pay extra attention if your sconces are going on a bathroom mirror -- they'll need to be the right size to mount securely.
Make Your Bathroom a Comfortable, Relaxing Space
Every bathroom needs the creature comforts that we've all come to expect. In a smaller space, you may need to limit the number of hooks or towel bars you use, but every bathroom can benefit from stylish shower curtains, comfortable bath mats and decorative accessories like soap, toothbrush and tissue holders.
Single towel bars and hooks for hand towels are also must-have items. For shared spaces or a master bathroom, double towel bars and robe hooks are ideal.
Designing the perfect bathroom, whether it's a powder room, guest space or master suite, can provide you with an opportunity to get everything just right. Shop Pottery Barn to find everything you need to create the space you've always dreamed of calling your own.