Find a Comfortable Armchair, Occasional Chair or Ottoman for Your Home
Seating is a must-have in any room from your formal living room where you entertain guests, to the casual spaces where you spend the majority of your time with family. Sectionals, sofas and loveseats do the majority of the work in lots of rooms, but a comfortable armchair, side chair and ottoman can bring brilliant style to your living room, family room, den or bedroom.
Use this guide to find the right lounge and accent chairs for your home. You can find a wide range of styles at Pottery Barn to spur your room re-do or add a new piece to your existing furniture.
A comfortable chair is an exceptional place to relax whether it's in your master bedroom suite, den, home office or family room. Look for these styles at Pottery Barn to get the look and feel you want in every room:
- Oversized armchairs. Big, deep and cozy, oversized chairs are a great place to read a book or enjoy your favorite TV shows or movies. They'll also do double duty in your living room if you choose a more formal style. Buy individual chairs or shop for a pair.
- Accent and side chairs. A little smaller than their oversized brethren, accent and side chairs are ideal occasional seating for your living room, den or bedrooms. Look for sleek styles made from materials like wood, metal or mixed materials like wood and rope or seagrass.
- Recliners. Take a load off with a chair that lets you lean back and relax in style. Ideal for living rooms, dens and home offices, recliners provide a classic look that's so comfortable you might just fall asleep. Look for a recliner with a matching ottoman to complete your style.
- Swivel chairs. Perfect for your home office, work area or any less formal space, swivel chairs quickly and easily rotate so you can face your screen, desk or any other important area in the room. Swivel chairs also add architectural style to your den or family room when used along with sectionals, sofas and loveseats.
- Chairs with decorative accents. Make a decorative statement in your room with chairs that feature decorative accents like exposed nailhead trim. Find traditional, transitional and modern styles to match your existing furniture.
- Ottomans. Put your feet up and add sophisticated style to your decor. Look for a matching ottoman to pair with your favorite chair or mix and match to create a more eclectic look in your room. You can even add multiple ottomans to one space, so everybody has a place to put their feet up. Ottomans double as overflow seating for parties and big groups, too.
Upholstery plays a big role in how any chair or ottoman that you bring into your home looks and feels. At Pottery Barn, you can find a wide range of styles. Look for rugged, durable and easy wash options for high-traffic spaces with pets and kids. Shop for elegant materials for your formal spaces and adults-only areas like the master bedroom. Here are a few popular upholstery options you can find for your armchair, occasional chair or ottoman:
- Fabric. Solid neutral tones, bold, bright colors and printed patterns bring life to your room. Look for easy-to-care-for and clean fabrics for spaces where you entertain a lot of guests or spend time with kids and pets.
- Leather chairs. Enjoy luxurious leather in your formal spaces by adding a stylish armchair or oversized leather chair. Leather is also right at home in many home offices, dens and family rooms. Protected varieties are easy to clean and won't get damaged easily, either.
- Slipcovered chairs. Excellent for informal spaces, slipcovered chairs provide a casual look that's natural and flowing. Neutral slipcovers fit in almost any space with any of your existing furniture, rugs and accessories. Need more color in your room? Shop for a decorative chair with a vibrant slipcover in blue, red, green and an assortment of other options.
Create a stunning living space or add comfortable seating to your den, bedroom or family room with an armchair, occasional chair and ottoman for your home. Need even more seating? Shop for a pair to fill large spaces and add symmetry to your design while making sure every family member or visitor has a comfortable place to relax.