Limited Time Offer$20 – $167 $29 – $239
Limited Time Offer$15 – $139 $15 – $159
Limited Time Offer$20 – $139 $29 – $199
Reasons to Use a Rug Pad
If you're shopping for a new rug, you should also consider a rug pad to go with it. Pottery Barn has rug pads in various sizes, so you can find one that works for your rug.
Advantages of Carpet Pads
There are several advantages to using carpet pads with all your area rugs and runners. Here are just some of the reasons why you should use a rug pad.
- These pads help prevent rugs from sliding when you step on them. All you have to do is place them under your rug to keep it firmly in place.
- Carpet pads impart a plusher, thicker feel to the rug, so it's even more comfortable to step and walk on.
- There are lots of different pad sizes from which to choose. You can find small pads for throw rugs, long pads for runners and pads that fit large area rugs.
- Rug pads help your rugs lie flat, so there's no unsightly bunching or gathering.
- You can trim these pads with household scissors if they fray at the edges, or if they're too large for your rug.
- The durable construction of these carpet pads ensures long-lasting performance and excellent resistance to wear and tear.
Types of Indoor Rugs to Use with Pads
You can use any type of indoor rug with a carpet pad. In the living room, place one of these pads beneath a Persian-style rug to keep it in place and add even more padding. Rug pads are also great for the bathroom, as they help prevent bath rugs from sliding around when you step on them. You can use these pads for hall runners, as well as for throw rugs placed anywhere in your home.
Using Carpet Pads with Outdoor Rugs
Carpet pads are also good for use with outdoor rugs. The difference between indoor and outdoor rugs is that outdoor rugs are crafted from materials that can withstand exposure to the elements. They resist fading and moisture damage and they dry quickly if they do get wet. Even though outdoor rugs are incredibly durable, you should still use a pad with them to prevent slipping.
Shop the rug pad selection at Pottery Barn to find a pad that works for your rug. You might also want to explore the array of rugs that are available. You'll find synthetic and natural-fiber rugs, real sheepskin and faux fur, hand-knotted, Kilim rugs and many other options.