Dress the Windows in Antique Pewter Curtain Rods
Give into a little gleam around the windows when you hang antique pewter curtain rods. These beautiful rods add just the right amount of polish and go with any style of decor from modern to traditional to vintage-inspired. Antiqued hardware is an easy choice for homes where the focus is on the finish. Trade out the curtains you hang from these rods on a regular basis. As trends and seasons change, your drapes continue to look lovely because you've made sure that you've picked a classic look. Antique pewter curtain rods are more versatile than you might think. Enjoy how they boost your room's decor now.
What Is Antique Pewter?
Antique pewter curtain rods are designed to showcase a delightful finish. The finish on curtain hardware is bonded to a stainless steel core that maintains the strength and longevity of your rods for years to come.
- Antiqued finishes are meant to mirror the style of true antique pieces. While these curtains rods are made just for Pottery Barn, the finish recalls the patina a rare set of rods might have if they were passed through the generations with great care.
- Pewter refers to the metallic color, named after a metal that has the same deep silver-gray. The hue features more black than white for a moodier silver that pairs well with the silver-white of nickel or stainless steel.
- Antique pewter curtain rods often look good when you choose rods or finials that feature details, like beaded end caps, fluted portions at the end of the cap or other silhouettes that show off the finish.
Selecting Your Curtain Hardware
Select your curtain hardware to last through many curtain changes. It's easy to install these rods and even easier to swap finials you love, but for a big change with the least effort, you'll probably want to keep the curtain rods and swap out the drapes.
Find the length you need for each window by measuring and choosing a style that hangs over the edges of the window frame a little bit. Then, pair the rods with pullbacks to hold curtains open and let light into your rooms.
Which Curtains Go with Which Rods?
Choosing which curtains go with your antique pewter curtain rods is fairly easy. Create a refined color story and work with the textures that fit your other furnishings.
- Anything that looks good with a cool-tone finish is a great choice, so you can enjoy blues and purples, cool pinks, silver, gray, crisp white and charcoal colors.
- For a contrast, try an ecru or beige to keep your room's palette neutral and elegant. Keep upholstery and rugs on the lighter end of the scale with this aesthetic.
- A shimmering velvet looks gorgeous against the antiqued finish, as does a light Belgian flax linen.
Discover all the different looks you can pair with these curtain rods to hang drapes for a rich, classic style that lasts throughout your home.