you are currently here: White Bedroom Furniture
White Bedroom Furniture: Versatile, Attractive and Design-Ready
Long known as the interior designer's secret weapon, white bedroom furniture can help visually expand the space - and it's practical, easy to care for and versatile enough to work perfectly with a wide range of color palettes. Choosing a white bed frame and headboard, vanity, nightstand and dresser, as well as white seating if you have the space to spare, is the ideal way to turn your bedroom into a light, bright and relaxing haven.
White Bed Frames and Headboards
Your bed is probably the focal point of your room, which means it needs to be the best piece of decor you have - most other things are simply accents. When you're looking for the right headboard and frame, your options include:
- Solid headboards. A solid white headboard - upholstered or not - is ideal if you like to lean back and read or watch television in bed. If you're only looking for a headboard to prop your pillows in place, a sleigh-style bed may be the best choice.
- Lattice headboards. Lattice headboards aren't always comfortable for leaning against, but they'll definitely support a beautiful display of throw pillows and contribute to decorative appeal.
- Upholstered headboards. Some upholstered headboards are soft and cushioned, while others are only upholstered for looks. Either way, a white upholstered headboard makes a tremendous style statement in any space.
- Platform beds and storage beds. A white platform bed can be the foundation of your room - especially if you choose one with storage drawers. These types of beds can typically be used with or without box springs, so they're versatile enough to let you create your own style.
- Canopies. An elegant white canopy bed is the perfect choice if your bedroom is a bit on the whimsical side. You can drape it with your favorite shades - maybe something that matches your bedroom rug - and create a beautiful escape.
White Nightstands and Dressers
A pair of white nightstands and a dresser to complement your headboard and bed frame will help you create a streamlined look throughout your space. Choose a nightstand with ample shelving, drawers or cabinet space if you're going to use it for books; otherwise, choose a simple table that you can use for a decorative bedside lamp and a few other items. Your dresser should also provide plenty of storage space and whether you choose a tall dresser or an extra-wide one, it can help visually expand your room when it's white.
If you have floor space to spare in your bedroom, white seating is a wonderfully luxurious touch. Choose a beautiful chaise lounge or comfortable accent chair to carve out your own reading nook or private space.
White bedroom furniture can create a sense of drama and luxury in your space and because white is typically calming, it's the ideal choice for this type of room. In terms of interior design, it's visually stunning - and even if that wasn't reason enough, keep in mind that white furniture is far more forgiving (dust-wise, anyway) than darker furniture.