The right window treatments control light, create privacy and complete the look of a room. Our drapes feature three-in-one construction so they can be hung by pole pocket, hidden tabs or rings. Our cordless shades feature a blackout liner for privacy and enhanced light filtration. From supersoft cotton to 100% silk, add a tailored touch to every room in your home.
How to Hang a Drape
Watch the video
Free Design Services
There's no project too large orWatch a Video
small for our crew to handle.
For a fee, our expert installersFind a Participating Store
can assist with any project.
From decorating to designing aMake an Appointment
centerpiece, our crew can help.
Get personalized, one-on-oneCreate a Registry
advice from one of our experts.
New Trends in Curtain Styles
Update your rooms with new curtain styles. Right now, a number of trends are quickly becoming new interior decorating classics. Create a home full of air, light, movement and texture when you dress your windows in the latest looks. Shop collections to outfit every room with variants on a theme, or go for a big statement in a room that's dying to be refreshed.
Start with Must-Have Basics
To maximize your window decor, begin with a perusal of tried-and-true types of curtains, so you can learn what's new, how to take successful design risks and which colors and fabrics are best for your home.
At Pottery Barn, all curtains feature three-in-one construction so that you can hang them by pole pocket, hidden tabs or rings that let you have fun with hardware.
- Some curtains are primarily made to create privacy. If privacy is your main concern, go with layered sheers, mid-weight fabrics like everyday cotton or the blackout panel, which is completely opaque when drawn.
- For controlling light, again opacity matters. The top choice for light control is blackout styles, but you can get a lot of cool, dim rooms with velvet and cotton, too.
- To focus on decor, go wild with your choices. Whatever you think looks best is what works. Have fun with fabric.
Elevate Your Fabrics
Trends in curtain styles center around fabrics right now. Elevate your selections for a refreshed home in no time.
- Dupioni silk is rich with a gentle sheen. Choose from cotton or blackout linings.
- Belgian flax linen is yarn-dyed for saturated color. The texture of these curtains lets a little bit of light through anyway, unless you choose blackout liners here, too.
- Velvet is sumptuous, warm and not as formal as you might think, depending on how you style the rest of the room.
- Sunbrella fabrics offer beautiful patio curtains that don't fade so that you can create an at-home resort vibe. These new curtains are going to make a lot of patios look amazing. Shop the rest of PB Outdoor for the full line of hot new styles.
Layer To Filter Light
Layering is what's new again in curtain styles. This technique has always been popular because it makes so much sense, but now, triple layers are showing up in homes where two layers of sheers complement a velvet or other heavy drape. It's also stylish to just let the layers show instead of pulling the top one back with cords or wall-mounted hardware.
Find the style that works for your windows and make the change today.