The Joys of an Extra Deep Sofa
Whether you're planning the ultimate movie night or just really like to layer up on throw pillows, an extra deep sofa is a joy to have in your home. These sofas are similar to other sofas you may have chosen in the past with one crucial difference--the seat depth. Plan on enjoying the bonus depth of an extra deep sofa for years to come. These durable couches are designed to let you enjoy years of lounging, napping or cozy conversations. Shop the selections available at Pottery Barn to enhance your living room experience now.
What Is An Extra Deep Sofa?
An extra deep sofa is one that offers a few extra inches of room in the seating area of the sofa. The extra space is built into the frame of the couch for a high-quality design that feels incredible while relaxing.
- Your deeper sofa looks a lot like other sofas with cushions for two or three people to sit, an upright back and cushioned arms with plenty of space to rest.
- The seat cushions are deeper than usual by a few inches. This extends the seating portion of the couch forward so that the arms are a little longer, while the height of the sofa remains the same.
- Your extra deep sofa may come with an additional row of back cushions or simply offer more space for you to spread out or invite a partner to spoon while watching a movie or catching up on your favorite show.
The Sofa for Pillow Lovers
Pillow lovers have found the ultimate sofa here. With your extra depth, it's easy to line up, stack, swap and sink into tons of throw pillows.
- Stock up freely. With this much extra space, you can't go wrong with a lush row of pillows. Shop knife-edge and lumbar pillow styles.
- Play with color. Look for hues and textures that match your couch, complement as part of a carefully chosen palette or contrast for a bold design impact.
- Use your extra depth to showcase texture. Try out new pillow covers, like velvet, organic cotton, fringe or other embellishments.
How to Shop for An Extra Deep Sofa
To discover the extra deep sofa made for you, consider your in-home style. With a beautiful array of sofas to explore, it's easy to find one you love. Look at elements like how many seat cushions you like, what style of legs or feet your prefer and whether you want to enjoy sloped, turned or straight arms. Just like shopping for any couch, the decisions you make influence the overall aesthetic of your space.
In this case, the singular enhancement is the additional room you have to remain as comfortable as possible.