- $99.50 – $119
Accent Your Table with Salt and Pepper Shakers
If you're seeking a useful yet stylish kitchen accessory, consider a set of salt and pepper shakers. Along with salt and pepper mills and salt and pepper grinders, shakers make seasoning your food convenient. They also serve as a decorative accent for the table and come in a wide variety of styles, so you can find a set that suits your design preferences.
Types of Salt and Pepper Shakers
Shakers for salt and pepper all perform the same function -- they dispense a small amount of seasoning with each shake. There are different types and styles of shakers available, such as:
- Metal: Some shakers are crafted from aluminum and have a nickel finish for an antique appearance. This type of shaker goes with every design style but is especially good for when you want to impart an elegant look to your dining table.
- Ceramic: Another popular type of salt and pepper mill is ceramic. This material has a traditional look that goes well with any type of table setting. White ceramic shakers are always a classic choice, although you'll find other colors in the selection as well.
- Traditional: The traditional shape for salt and pepper grinders and shakers is cylindrical. This style of shaker coordinates with every kitchen and dining room and they make a great gift for the foodie on your list.
- Whimsical: You'll also find shakers that are shaped like plants, animals and other objects. There are so many different options from which to choose that some people collect them. A pair of cactus-shaped shakers goes well with a Southwest-inspired design style, while fish-shaped shakers are a good addition to a coastal-themed table.
- Holiday: Dress your table for special occasions with holiday shakers. You'll find shakers shaped like Santa Claus for your Christmas table and bunny-shaped ones that are great for Easter.
The Basics of Salt and Pepper Grinders
In addition to shakers for salt and pepper, Pottery Barn also has salt and pepper grinders. They hold coarse salt and whole peppercorns and grind the minerals into a fine texture with each twist. Grinders and salt and pepper mills come in various styles. They're usually a bit larger than the average salt or pepper shaker.
Explore the selection of salt and pepper shakers at Pottery Barn to find an array of stylish choices. There are also plenty of other table accessories from which to choose, such as placemats, napkin rings and decorative centerpieces.