Dress Up the Living Room with Wall Decor
It's easy to give your living room a professionally decorated appearance with a few simple touches, such as an area rug and coordinating wall decor. Pottery Barn has a wide selection of decorative art for the home, with pieces ranging from traditional to modern.
Choosing Wall Decor
The artwork you choose can tie the room together or give it a whole new look. Consider your other furnishings and the overall style of the room when shopping for wall decorations. If you have neutral furnishings, any type of wall decor will look great. Check out these ideas:
- Baskets: There are decorative wall hangings that look like rattan and wicker baskets. They come in several styles and are great for adding a breezy look to any room. These decorative baskets work well with a coastal design style.
- Macrame Art: If you like a vintage-inspired style, then you'll want to take a look at the macrame wall decor at Pottery Barn. These pieces come in a few different styles and sizes to suit your preferences.
- Wall Sculptures: Maybe modern is your preferred look. If so, you can't go wrong with a wall sculpture. Pottery Barn has wall sculptures made from sturdy materials, such as metal. These pieces range from abstract to realistic -- a couple of examples include sculpted letters and words and industrial-inspired gears.
- Signs: Express your personality with painted signs. The selection has all kinds of hanging signs emblazoned with different sentiments.
- Prints and Canvas Art: For a traditional look, prints and canvas art pieces are a great choice. Whether you're looking for beach-themed art or something botanical, there's a piece in the selection that's right for you. Many of these pieces are already framed, so all you have to do is hang them.
Displaying Your Wall Decorations
There are several ways to display your decorative art. You could place one large piece on a bare wall to serve as the focal point or create a gallery wall by hanging prints of different sizes together. A grouping of pieces in an odd-numbered configuration, such as three prints hanging in a row, imparts plenty of visual interest.
Browse the selection of wall decor to discover pieces that suit your style. You can infuse your home with creative flair by simply hanging one or more pieces of decorative art. You might also want to check out other items to coordinate with your wall decorations, such as light up accent pieces for stylish illumination.