Shop Upholstered Chairs for Every Style at Pottery Barn
Upholstered chairs add a soft look to any room, from your formal living space to a den where you read or gather with friends and family. Shop Pottery Barn to find an incredible selection of upholstered pieces to go with your current decor or help you begin a new design project.
Why Buy Upholstered Chairs?
Upholstery is a go-to option for many homes and rooms. Here are a few reasons you should shop chairs finished with quality upholstery from Pottery Barn for your home:
- Upholstery brings an elegant touch to your room. While many styles lean toward more traditional decor, you can find transitional and modern options for your home as well.
- Upholstery is comfortable. Who wants to sit in a chair that's scratchy, hot or cold? Upholstery is stylish and functional all year round whether it's 20-degrees outside or pushing 100 in the summer.
- Chairs with upholstery are often easy to clean. Look for durable styles and slipcovered chairs for family-friendly spaces.
What Styles are Available?
You know upholstery is right for your home, but what style is going to work? Here are some of the more popular options you can find to complete your look at Pottery Barn:
- Traditional styles. Featuring wood accents, familiar forms and an often oversized seating area, traditional chairs in a range of classic upholstery options won't ever go out of date. They'll also work with your existing decor, so you don't need to re-do your whole space to add a new chair.
- Transitional and vintage styles. Going for a look that's not old, but not too contemporary either? Transitional and vintage styles harken back to the past but put a modern spin on your room's interior design.
- Contemporary styles. Stylish and super-sleek, modern chairs don't waste any space or show off for no reason. Look for minimalist styles in a variety of crisp colors and neutral tones. Shop for a set to pair with your sectional or sofa to keep it simple.
Upholstery plays a huge role when it comes to finding a style of chair that works for your room. At Pottery Barn, you can find a wide range of neutral, natural colors from bright white to taupe and cream that'll work with your favorite rugs, accessories and decorative items.
You can also find an assortment of bright fabrics, dark colors and patterns that will stand out and make a major statement. Look to play up your existing color scheme or go for a timeless style with neutrals from our collection of more than 50 fabrics available for most upholstered furniture pieces.
What to Look For?
Upholstered chairs come in a very broad range of styles, and Pottery Barn carries tons of looks so you can find the one that fits your room and home. Use these quick tips to help you find upholstered chairs that are right for your lifestyle once you hone in on the look you're going for:
- Look for easy-to-care-for chairs for moderate traffic spaces and rooms where you tend to entertain guests. You don't want to spend hours trying to get a spot off your favorite chair because you chose a delicate material in a room where you serve your guests snacks before a meal.
- Go for washable and low maintenance materials in high-traffic areas where you have kids and pets. Slipcovered pieces of furniture are often the best choice for these commonly used areas. Look for a model that can be put in the washing machine if and when a spill takes its toll on your style.
- Save your fine, elegantly upholstered pieces for the formal living area where you tend to spend time with adults. Keeping food and drinks out of these areas can help you keep your new chair beautiful for many years to come.
- Pay attention to sun exposure. Any piece of upholstery will get discolored if it sits in a window without cover. Use shades, draperies or blinds to protect your furniture. Barring that, aim to rotate sets of chairs so they don't discolor in one spot.
Enjoy your living room, den, master bedroom or family space more by adding an upscale upholstered chair from Pottery Barn. Find traditional styles in neutral upholstery or go for a vintage-inspired or ultra-modern look in bright, vibrant colors or patterns. Whatever your style, you can find a huge selection of chairs, ottomans and benches for every room in your house today.