Shop Bookshelves for Your Home Office and Living Spaces
Organization can feel like a tough task in any home. From organizing your favorite novels, paperbacks and non-fiction books, to keeping all of your essential work papers in order in your home office, there's no magic bullet that'll help you get the job done. Adding quality bookshelves and storage furniture from Pottery Barn is a great place to start though!
Use this quick guide to learn more about the myriad bookshelf styles you can use throughout your home.
What Styles Can I Find?
Bookshelves help you get organized and display the work of your favorite writers. They'll also help you whip that home office or work area into shape. Lucky for you, you can have form and function when you shop shelving at Pottery Barn. Here are a few styles you can find for your home:
- Traditional styles. Natural wood and traditional forms are a go-to option if you prefer a tried-and-true traditional look. Options with doors add a sophisticated old-world look to bookcases.
- Transitional and eclectic looks. Stylized spaces can be special, but if you prefer a more natural look, or if you just want to mix and match the pieces you love, transitional and eclectic shelves are for you. Not too modern and not too traditional, transitional styles can fit in with decor from almost any era.
- Contemporary styles. Slick, sleek and ultra-cool, contemporary looks are all about clean lines and crisp color. Go for a brightly-colored option or choose a monochromatic color palette with black or white bookshelves.
- Vintage-inspired and retro styles. Distressed wood and metal add visual depth to any space. Use these bookshelves in your home office or put them out on display in the living room or den.
Bookshelf Options at Pottery Barn
No two rooms are alike, so why choose cookie-cutter bookcases? You can find a wide range of styles and storage options at Pottery Barn to get what's right for your home.
- Wall suites and whole-room systems. Excellent for home offices and work areas, wall suites often feature a built-in desk along with shelving and drawer storage.
- Basic bookcases. Clean white, bold black and natural wood bookcases with minimal detailing are excellent for storing rows and rows of books or work materials. Look for tall bookshelves to leave room for additions.
- Printer's bookcases. An excellent option for creative and design spaces and home offices, printer's bookcases often feature purpose-specific drawers or lateral files on the bottom with a bookcase on top, as well as a flat surface for your printer. You can find extra-small models that provide a sturdy place to house electronics like printers or scanners, along with a few basic shelves for books and paperwork.
- Extra-small bookcases. Find a place for your printer and home office supplies with low, extra-small bookcases. Models under 36" can fit even the smallest work area.
- Bookcases with drawers and doors. Perfect for living rooms, dens and some home offices, bookcases with drawers provide traditional shelving up top with hidden storage below. Bookcases with doors also help keep dust from marring cherished or valuable books.
- Decorative, open shelving. Ideal for your living room, open shelving lets you get creative with your design. Use open shelving for decorative accessories or combine books with items like framed pictures for a sophisticated look.
- Display cabinets. Looking to show off special china in the dining room or a collection of accessories from your travels around the world? Utilize display cabinets with glass shelves and doors to keep them safe while they're on view.
Get organized and add beautiful pieces of furniture to your living room, den, home office or family room with functional bookcases and shelving systems from Pottery Barn. You can also find a wide range of storage accessories for every room in your home online today.